The Founder - D. Rosemarie Ha, PhD, ATP, RET
Dr. Ha received her PhD in Rehabilitation Science and Technology in 2004 and has over 15 years of experience as an AT consultant, a Rehabilitation Technologist, and a professor/lecturer.
As an AT consultant/Rehabilitation Technologist, Dr. Ha has provided AT Assessment and Training for the following individuals:
- individuals with physical-motor disabilities, including individuals with Cerebral Palsy, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, and others
- individuals with cognitive disabilities, including individuals with Learning Disabilities, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, Autism spectrum, Stroke, and others
Dr. Ha is knowledgeable of a range of software and hardware devices which can assist people with disabilities, such as Dragon voice dictation, WorkQ/SpeakQ, Co:Writer, Kurzweil 3000, Read&Write Gold, Snap&Read, Inspiration, Audio Notetaker, REACH Interface Author, Scan Buddy, Microsoft Mathematics, JAWS, ZoomText, SmartNav, HeadMouse Nano, Tobii Eye Tracker, Echo SmartPen, Desktop/Portable Video Magnifiers, etc.
As a professor/lecturer, Dr. Ha has given lectures and workshops to clinicians, educators and students in the field of rehabilitation studies, people with disabilities, manufacturers, and others, to educate them about the value of Assistive Technology.
Dongran Rosemarie Ha (하동란)
Education & Certification
2004 PhD in Rehabilitation Science & Technology, University of Pittsburgh
2000 MS in Rehabilitation Science & Technology, University of Pittsburgh
1998 BS in Civil Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
2020 RESNA Assistive Technology Professional (ATP)
RESNA Rehabilitation Engineering Technologist (RET)
February 2020 – Current:
President of TechAble Assistive Technology, Maryland
August 2010 – February 2020:
Rehabilitation Technologist – MD Department of Education, Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS), Baltimore, MD
Jan 2008 – July 2010:
Adjunct faculty at Coppin State University, Baltimore, MD
Teaching graduate courses on Assistive Technology
May 2006 – August 2010:
Assistive Technology Consultant
DORS AT Service Provider, Maryland
Sep 2005 – Jan 2006:
Assistive Technology Consultant / Lecturer, Republic of Korea
May 2002 – April 2005:
Postdoctoral Research Associate / Research Associate, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System and University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Software: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Mathematics, AutoCAD, MADYMO, etc.
- AT Software: Dragon Naturally Speaking, WordQ/SpeakQ, Co:Writer, Kurzweil 3000, Read&Write Gold, Snap&Read, Inspiration, Sonocent Audio Notetaker, REACH Interface Author, Scan Buddy, JAWS, ZoomText, By Voice (Korean version of voice recognition software), Boardmaker Plus, etc.
- AT Hardware: SmartNav, HeadMouse Nano, Tobii Eye Tracker, SmartPen, HeadMaster, QuadJoy, Desktop Video Magnifiers (E.g. Freedom Scientific-Topaz and PEARL, Humanware-Reveal, Optelec-Clearview, Enhanced Vision-Merlin), Portable Video Magnifiers (E.g. Freedom Scientific-Ruby, Enhanced Vision-Pebble, Humanware-Explore, HIMS Senseview Light), etc.
Fluent in English and Korean